Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good Eatin' at the Steakhouse


A few nights ago my family decided to hit the local steakhouse for some grub. For the health conscious, the word "steakhouse" may seem a little intimidating, stirring up images of down home fried potatoes, buttermilk rolls, and whopping servings of beef.


Grilled chicken, grilled fish, and fresh veggies are all excellent choices. Just watch for heavy sauces and butter. A 6oz choice sirloin will only cost you about 310 calories, so if you're craving the beef, go for it! Enjoy yourself, just watch your portion sizes.


If that doesn't satisfy you, mix it up! Who says you have to order a pre-created meal? I created my own meal for under 350 calories (and the price came out to be a little cheaper too).

Check out the side dishes. Several great options include grilled vegetables, baked potatoes, steamed rice, and shrimp skewers. I opted for shrimp skewers and a plain baked sweet potato (no butter, no sugar...but trust me, it was so delicious it can hold its own without the fixin's).

1 comment:

  1. Kristen! I'm soo happy you started this blog! I have a similar rep among my friends for being the healthy eater, but also not obsessive enough to be obnoxious--hopefully ;-) Anyway, I love reading your little tips and will definitely be following this blog! I think I may just have to have a second breakfast for lunch after reading about your veggie egg white scramble :-)

    ReplyDelete